Food Safety Consulting
Changing regulatory requirements and higher customer demands require major improvements to food safety programs. We work closely with your team to create and implement world-class food safety and quality systems while saving you time and resources.
Our industry-experienced consultants help build a sustainable food safety culture with risk mitigation assessments, consistent and audit defensible practices in the areas of GFSI certification, customer/audit requirements, and food safety and quality management systems.
Our consultants can also provide customized food fraud protection services including:
- FSMA-aligned raw materials screening
- Food fraud assessment and mitigation planning
- Food fraud prevention sustainment
GFSI company certification
Attaining Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) Certification can be challenging. Our consultants help guide your organization to a smooth, successful certification. Alchemy’s streamlined, four-phase consulting approach helps save organizations time while assuring accuracy and completion. Learn more about our GFSI consulting for:
Sustain your GFSI certification with expert advice and certification software. With the Alchemy GFSI Sustainability program, your stake in a demanding SQF, BRC, or FSSC 22000 certification effort will not degrade between audits.
The GFSI Sustainability program will help you stay audit-ready 24/7 with monthly phone review and advisory sessions with your Alchemy consultant, plus food safety audit and compliance software. Achieve peace of mind with expert advice and user-friendly software, all in one affordable subscription package.
Expert advice from experienced food safety professionals
Monthly phone consultations to help you monitor and sustain the performance of your food safety and quality system with consistent and audit-defensible practices:
- Review past month performance
- Give advice on concerns or issues
- Recognize high-risk incidents and trends
- Increase profitability by reducing cost of quality failures
- Assure systemic sustainment of required programs
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
Food safety audit and compliance software
Alchemy partners with Safety Chain™ to offer secure, cloud-based solutions and mobile apps to document and control your audit readiness. The software enables your food safety team to:
- Organize and manage all your compliance requirements in one centralized system, including supplier compliance, customer quality requirements, food safety protocols (HACCP/HARPC), regulatory (FDA, FSMA, USDA) and GFSI (SQF, BRC, FSSC 22000)
- Automate program tasks and workflows to ensure that programs are being executed while giving you the confidence that compliance is continuously evaluated in real-time; enables you to implement a preventive versus reactive approach to managing your food safety and quality programs
- Readily access FSQA data for pinpointing challenges such as supplier or production performance, so you can quickly identify the root cause of issues and implement timely corrective action
- Easily trend program performance to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives – key to meeting GFSI scheme standards and regulatory compliance
GFSI individual training
Alchemy is a licensed SQF Training Center (winner of SQF Trainer of the Year Award), BRC Approved Training Provider, and FSPCA Lead Instructor. Our expert consultants deliver comprehensive training, in both English and Spanish, for individuals to achieve the certification they need:
- SQF Courses
The SQF Institute has exclusively partnered with Alchemy to develop an interactive online course covering SQF Code requirements. The course helps SQF suppliers, practitioners, consultants, instructors, and auditors understand the SQF Code, meet food quality standards, and earn certification. Alchemy also powers the online SQF Certification exam. Alchemy provides a full range of support for companies seeking to implement and sustain SQF certification, from the implementation course and exam to expert consulting services, SQF-specific training for frontline workers, and SQF-relevant on-the-floor observation, coaching, and communications programs. Learn more about SQF certification. Register for the “Implementing SQF Systems” course and exam. Download the Alchemy SQF Offerings partner brief.
- Preventive Controls for Human Food Qualified Individual Course
- BRC Courses
Alchemy’s partnership with BRC reinforces our commitment to helping customers meet and exceed the highest of global food quality and safety standards. BRC is the leading international safety and quality certification program, and is leveraged by companies in over 90 countries with credentials issued through a worldwide network of accredited certification bodies. The following courses are available in English and Spanish:
- Food Safety Issue 6
- Food Safety Issue 7
- Packaging and Packaging Materials Issue 4
- Storage and Distribution Issue 2
The Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) will require many food manufacturers and growers to develop and implement new HARPC plans or reassess their existing HACCP plans. It is important to be prepared now for the upcoming regulatory changes and FDA oversight. Our consultants work with you to develop programs and food safety plans to ensure your preparation for FSMA.
A Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP)/HARPC plan is the foundation of your food safety plan and is essential to producing safe products. Our consultants work with your HACCP team to:
- Create a new HACCP/HARPC plan
- Ensure an existing HACCP/HARPC plan is compliant with upcoming USDA or FDA regulations
Train your team on HACCP with International HACCP Alliance accredited courses. Provide on-site HACCP training with customized content relevant to your unique operation.