Biosecurity for the Poultry Industry: Protect Your Flock
By clicking “Watch the Webinar” you will receive the webinar recording and webinar slides.
Studies have consistently shown that 90% of diseases spread between poultry farms are due to contaminated people, poultry equipment, and farm vehicles. Developing a robust biosecurity plan and adhering to it is the best way to limit the introduction of diseases.
Do you have a company-wide animal welfare training program in place to prevent the spread of diseases to your flock?
- A robust animal welfare program should leverage all employees, incorporate job-specific content, and ensure verification of understanding from all employees
- Best practices that prevent disease spread in your poultry facility include:
- Designating a Line of Separation (LOS) where individuals can put on biosecurity gear
- Preventing bird contact when visiting facilities
- Taking wise routes when at a processing plant by visiting the live animal areas last
- Educating your employees with integrated learning, communications, and performance programs is your best biosecurity defense.