Frank Schreurs has more than 30 years of management and leadership experience in the food and beverage industry. Frank began his career in food manufacturing with the Kellogg Co. and transitioned into the services sector with the Guelph Food Technology Centre. Over the course of 18 years there he established and grew the consultancy and auditing business units into the number 1 service provider to the F &B sector in Canada. Frank lead his team of seasoned industry professionals in the delivery of consultancy and auditing services to the entire supply chain. His knowledge of risk and quality management throughout the supply chain was illustrated through the hundreds of completed client projects.
Examining the New SQF Quality Code: How to Comply by January Deadline
The Safe Quality Food Institute (SQFI) has modified its approach to food quality certification. The SQF Quality Code provides the opportunity for companies to implement a comprehensive Food Quality Plan with identified controls to reduce complaints and improve product consistency. Suppliers currently certified at SQF Level 3 will need to be certified in the SQF Quality Code. The SQFI encourages all suppliers to consider this certification to improve their food safety and quality systems. Compliance deadlines begin as early as January 2nd, 2018. Will you be ready?
Join SQFI Regional Representative Frank Schreurs and Alchemy’s Jeff Chilton as they discuss ways to implement effective Food Quality Plans, as well as strategies to achieve SQF Quality Code Certification.
- The new SQF Quality Code was developed to:
- Separate food safety codes for industry sectors.
- Reduce the number of product withdrawals that can occur from specifications.
- Clearly distinguish certification requirements for quality such as duration, deviation control, and more.
- The SQF Food Safety Code is described as a third-party food safety audit to assure a working class food safety and quality assurance system is in place to meet customer expectations and minimize the risk of recalls.
- The SQF Quality Code helps suppliers assure consistent quality standards through a defined quality process control system to meet customer expectations and minimize the risk of complaints.
- To help implement the SQF Quality Code, contact Alchemy’s professional services team to assist with your completion of a gap analysis and develop your food quality plan.
- If you want to receive notification from our professional services team when the online version of the SQF Quality course is available, click here.
By clicking “Watch the Webinar” you will receive the webinar recording, webinar podcast, and webinar slides.