Undeclared Allergens: How to prevent them and protect your brand
Discover proper allergen handling practices that will protect your organization from undeclared allergens.
Undeclared allergens continue to be a leading cause of recalls. In fact, between July and September of 2015, an astounding 53% of recalls were caused by undeclared allergens. These hidden threats pose a deadly risk to allergic consumers and threaten a company’s livelihood. Join us as we discuss proper allergen handling practices and share cross contact mitigation strategies to better protect your company.
- Allergen testing is beneficial because it:
- Protects your consumers
- Protects your company and limits your liability by demonstrating due diligence
- Provides data and insight to conduct a proper risk assessment
- The most common cause of recalls is mislabeling
- As a best practice, facilities should use pre-operational visual inspection with a checklist, because if it looks clean, it generally tests clean!
- It is important to keep allergens top of mind so that employees are continuously aware of the role they play in preventing undeclared allergens
By clicking “Watch the Webinar” you will receive the webinar recording, webinar podcast, and webinar slides.